Get Your Frock On
The Christmas party season is here, time to Get Your Frock On! and help us reach our fundraising target of £90,000.
Launched last month, Get Your Frock On, is a joint campaign with Animal Free Research UK which aims to fund a three year animal free research project into the potential environmental causes of breast density - high breast density is a major risk factor for breast cancer.
What better way to celebrate the party season than by adding a bit of style and sparkle to everyone's day and helping our work to prevent breast cancer.
Here are our top 5 fundraising ideas to get you started!
1. Hosting a Christmas party? add a touch of glamour to the event and roll out the red carpet, ask guests to donate and treat them to 'Frocktails' and canapes!
2. Get sponsored to wear your favourite Christmas jumper at work and ask people to donate to help fight breast cancer.
3. Hold a pre-Christmas party pamper evening, treat yourselves to an evening of natural beauty using our DIY recipes - safe in the knowledge none of it’s tested on animals and it's all free from harmful chemicals. Find out more about #DitchTheJunk and #PamperForPrevention
4. Take part in London's Santa Fun Run and get your santa suit on! You get your santa suit just for entering, find out more
5. How about a Christmas Bake-off, Sophie may have only just been crowned this year's GBBO winner but what better time to show off your baking skills - take a tray of goodies into work and ask for a donation.
These are just a few ideas, you can find more inspiration on our campaign website here
Where will the money go?
We know you already support the idea of breast cancer prevention, but in order to stop breast cancer before it starts, we need to better understand what is making us more vulnerable to this disease.
All funds raised will go towards a three year research project that will help us to identify if certain chemicals have a role in increasing breast density. High breast density is a risk factor for breast cancer.
The research will be carried out by Professor Val Speirs at Leeds University. No animals will be used in the research, instead we’ll be using human tissue samples from national and international breast tissue biobanks. But we urgently need your help to ensure we reach our target.
To find out more about the research project on our campaign website here
Just want to donate?
You can donate via our donation page here
or simply text to donate: text WEAR22, followed by the amount (£5/10/50) to 70070